In addition to our standard monthly paper billing and payments received through the mail or in person, the following are available:
The benefits of online payment go beyond eliminating checks. It’s an online resource that will allow you to access your account information anytime you need. The benefits include:
- Access to your account information 24 hours, 7 days a week
- View, print or download current and previous billing statements
- Review energy usage and payment history
- Pay your bill with an account from your bank, or by credit or debit card (Visa or MasterCard)
- Pay online and continue to receive paper bill statements in the mail.
- Go paperless – instead of a bill in the mail, receive an email notification indicating your monthly bill is available.
To view your bill and/or make a payment, click here or just click on the Make Payments link at the top of the page.
SmartHub Mobile App on Phone or Tablet
To get the Smarthub Mobile App on your phone or tablet, search the Apple® Store or the Android® Market for SmartHub (all one word). If duplicates appear, the correct App is provided by National Information Solutions Cooperative.
You must have the app to pay your bill through your cell phone or other mobile device.
Direct Pay - Automated Payment Plan
- Your payments are automatically deducted from your bank account/debit/credit card on the due date.
- You will receive a bill so you know the dollar amount and date it will be withdrawn from your account.
Get the Auto Pay Form here. or call our Billing Team at 218-429-0430 or 877-634-4314 to have a form sent to you.
Payment by Phone
Make payments by phone using your credit/debit card or checking account using our automated phone system.
Just call 855-385-9813 and follow the step-by-step instructions. (Account # is needed.)
Payments by Mail or In Person
Mille Lacs Energy Cooperative
PO Box 230
Aitkin MN 56431
Or drop off at our office at 36559 US Hwy 169, Aitkin, MN. Approx. 1 mile east of the 169/210 stoplight in Aitkin.
Budget billing is available for monthly billed residential members to help “even out” expenses.
- Your history of electric usage is averaged out and a constant monthly payment is determined for billing.
- Each month you receive a bill showing the calculation based on your meter readings, but the dollar amount payable will remain constant.
- The budget year begins on the bill you receive in May. The 12th month is referred to as a “catch-up month”. On the bill you receive in April, you will be billed exactly what you owe in accounts receivable rather than the budget amount. Either a debit or credit may show on the bill. A new budget is then established for the upcoming year.
- Energy usage history for 12 months.
- Good credit history for 12 months.
- Account paid in full at the start of the budget year.
- Account is set up on a Direct Payment Plan.
Questions? Call our Billing Team at 218-429-0430 or 877-634-4314.