Board of Directors, Minutes & Bylaws
From the Board Room
The regular meeting of the Board of Directors of the Mille Lacs Energy Cooperative was held at its office in Aitkin, Minnesota on April 20, 2018. All board members were present.
Brian Zelenak, General Manager, called the re-organizational meeting to order and assisted in counting the secret ballots. M/S/P to accept the following officers:
- President – Harold Harms
- Vice-President – Don Appel
- Secretary/Treasurer – Barbara Welty
- Assistant Secretary/Treasurer – Aileen DeMenge
Routine business included the approval of the March minutes and manager and directors’ expense vouchers. Routine reports included team reports, financial reports, an update on the general manager’s activities since last month, the accident and mileage report, and loss control and safety.
Other reports included: GRE February 2018 Financial Highlights, MREA Report, a review of an article on Consumer Broadband Services in the CFC Solutions March 26, 2018 issue, a review of Federated’s allocation of 2017 net margins
- Brand Manual - Kassie Kokesh shared the new MLEC Brand and marketing ideas with the board.
- Mille Lacs Community Trust Update - Per Article XXI of the Trust’s By-Laws, the Trust Board’s operations and expenditures were reviewed. Pat Scollard, Trust Board President, reported on Operation Round Up at this years’ annual meeting.
- Approved the recommended electric, long distance, and internet, write-offs for this month
- Approved revised policies 101, 102 and 104
- Discussion was held on a proposed resolution for GRE’s Proposed 2019 Appendix B of the Power Purchase Contract. Approved resolution and Member-Directed Resource Approval Agreement
- Accepted the Annual Safety Deposit Box Inspection report
- Confirmed meetings, included the GRE monthly meeting and the annual meeting, with nominations of delegates and the nomination of Harold Harms as GRE Director; the GRE Member Manager Meeting; MRET Meeting; MREA District 2 Meeting
Board meeting dates were set for the Fridays of May 18, June 15 and July 20.
The Cooperative is divided into seven districts. Each is represented by one member of that district on the Board of Directors. Director candidates are solicited from within each district though an open filing process. Directors are elected by those members present at the Annual Meeting and by mail ballot. They are elected for three-year terms. The Board members set the policies by which the Cooperative operates, and they hire a general manager. They meet monthly, normally the third Friday.
|DISTRICT NO. 1||
46393 Earle Brown Dr, Garrison MN 56450 - phone: 320-692-4800 email@example.com
District 1 shall be comprised of the City of Onamia and the following Townships in Mille Lacs County: North Kathio, South Kathio, South Harbor, Onamia, Bradbury, and Dailey, and the following in Crow Wing County: Roosevelt.
|DISTRICT NO. 2||
William "Bill" Bernard
27847 Ak Sar Ben Ln, Aitkin MN 56431 - phone: 218-678-3911 firstname.lastname@example.org
District 2 shall be comprised of the following Townships in Crow Wing County: Rabbit Lake, Deerwood, Bay Lake, Nokay Lake.
|DISTRICT NO. 3||
26818 170th St, McGrath MN 56350 - phone: 320-684-9955 email@example.com
|District 3 shall be comprised of the City of Garrison and the following Townships in Aitkin County: Lakeside, Idun, Seavey; and the following in Mille Lacs County; Eastside; and the following in Crow Wing County: Garrison.|
|DISTRICT NO. 4||
26205 State Hwy 210, McGregor MN 55760 - phone: 218-768-4900 -firstname.lastname@example.org
District 4 shall be comprised of the City of McGregor and the following Townships in Aitkin County: Jevne, McGregor, Spalding, Davidson, Kimberly, Spencer, Aitkin, Lee, Rice River, and Workman.
|DISTRICT NO. 5||
34057 Dove St, Aitkin MN 56431 - phone: 218-927-4134 email@example.com
|District 5 shall be comprised of the following Townships in Aitkin County: Nordland, Glen, Jewett, Malmo.|
|DISTRICT NO. 6||
35651 464th Ln, Palisade MN 56469 - phone: 218-851-4760 firstname.lastname@example.org
District 6 shall be comprised of the City of Palisade and the following Townships in Aitkin County: Verdon, Unorganized T51-R25, White Elk, Bain, Hebron, Libby, Logan, Waukenabo, Esquagamah, Unorganized T48-R27, Morrison, and Fleming; and the following in Crow Wing County: Ross Lake, Fairfield, Dean Lake.
|DISTRICT NO. 7||
Michael W Reem
23937 435th Ave, Aitkin MN 56431 - phone: 218-678-2961 email@example.com
|District 7 shall be comprised of the following Townships in Aitkin County: Farm Island, Wealthwood, Hazelton.|
PO Box 230, Aitkin MN 56431
Articles and Bylaws of Mille Lacs Energy Cooperative