Board of Directors, Minutes & By-Laws
From the Board Room
The regular meeting of the board was held at our Aitkin office on September 15, 2017 with all directors present. At 9:00 a.m. the regular meeting was called to order. A public comment time was allotted for beginning of meeting for members to voice concerns about the local democracy resolution. There being no members present to comment, the open meeting portion was closed at 9:05 a.m. Mary Ward, Human Resources Coordinator was introduced to the board.
Routine business included approval of August minutes and approval of manager and director’s expense vouchers. Routine reports included an update on general manager’s activities since last month, the monthly financial report, monthly team reports, the monthly safety meeting and accident and mileage report, employee utilization, MREA board report and the GRE (Great River Energy) board report.
In other action, the board:
- Approved work orders for July.
- Discussion was held on budget parameter for 2018 budget.
- Cold Weather Rule Appeals Committee update – board members will contact committee members to confirm their willingness to serve.
- Chris Perrine, Member Service Manager updated the board on steps MLEC has taken to adopt local democracy.
- Board approved resolution on accepting authority from PUC for MLEC’s distributed generation members.
- Presentation by Mark Fagen, GRE Vice President and Chief Business Officer, updated the board on GRE’s business development and strategic plan.
- Reviewed and approved Policy 518 – Interconnection Policy for Distributed Resources; 105 – Fees and Expense Reimbursement; 501 – Membership and/or Electric Service; 514 – Reconnection Charges for Temporarily Disconnected Services; 515 – Cooperative’s Right to Disconnect Service.
- Confirmed regular board meeting dates as October 20, 2017, November 17, 2017, and December 15, 2017.
Meeting adjourned at 1:55 p.m. The board met in a short executive session following the meeting.
The Cooperative is divided into seven districts. Each is represented by one member of that district on the Board of Directors. Director candidates are solicited from within each district though an open filing process. Directors are elected by those members present at the Annual Meeting and by mail ballot. They are elected for three-year terms. The Board members set the policies by which the Cooperative operates, and they hire a general manager. They meet monthly, normally the third Friday.
|DISTRICT NO. 1||
46393 Earle Brown Dr, Garrison MN 56450 - phone: 320-692-4800 firstname.lastname@example.org
District 1 shall be comprised of the City of Onamia and the following Townships in Mille Lacs County: North Kathio, South Kathio, South Harbor, Onamia, Bradbury, and Dailey, and the following in Crow Wing County: Roosevelt.
|DISTRICT NO. 2||
William "Bill" Bernard
27847 Ak Sar Ben Ln, Aitkin MN 56431 - phone: 218-678-3911 email@example.com
District 2 shall be comprised of the following Townships in Crow Wing County: Rabbit Lake, Deerwood, Bay Lake, Nokay Lake.
|DISTRICT NO. 3||
26818 170th St, McGrath MN 56350 - phone: 320-684-9955 firstname.lastname@example.org
|District 3 shall be comprised of the City of Garrison and the following Townships in Aitkin County: Lakeside, Idun, Seavey; and the following in Mille Lacs County; Eastside; and the following in Crow Wing County: Garrison.|
|DISTRICT NO. 4||
26205 State Hwy 210, McGregor MN 55760 - phone: 218-768-4900 -email@example.com
District 4 shall be comprised of the City of McGregor and the following Townships in Aitkin County: Jevne, McGregor, Spalding, Davidson, Kimberly, Spencer, Aitkin, Lee, Rice River, and Workman.
|DISTRICT NO. 5||
34057 Dove St, Aitkin MN 56431 - phone: 218-927-4134 firstname.lastname@example.org
|District 5 shall be comprised of the following Townships in Aitkin County: Nordland, Glen, Jewett, Malmo.|
|DISTRICT NO. 6||
35651 464th Ln, Palisade MN 56469 - phone: 218-845-2736 email@example.com
District 6 shall be comprised of the City of Palisade and the following Townships in Aitkin County: Verdon, Unorganized T51-R25, White Elk, Bain, Hebron, Libby, Logan, Waukenabo, Esquagamah, Unorganized T48-R27, Morrison, and Fleming; and the following in Crow Wing County: Ross Lake, Fairfield, Dean Lake.
|DISTRICT NO. 7||
Michael W Reem
23937 435th Ave, Aitkin MN 56431 - phone: 218-678-2961 firstname.lastname@example.org
|District 7 shall be comprised of the following Townships in Aitkin County: Farm Island, Wealthwood, Hazelton.|
PO Box 230, Aitkin MN 56431
Articles and Bylaws of Mille Lacs Energy Cooperative