Board of Directors, Minutes & By-Laws
From the Board Room
The regular meeting of the board was held at our Aitkin office on April 21st, 2017 with all directors present. At 9:00 a.m. the regular meeting was called to order.
Routine business included approval of February minutes and approval of manager and director’s expense vouchers. Routine reports included an update on general manager’s activities since last month, the monthly financial report, monthly team reports, the monthly safety meeting and accident and mileage report, employee utilization, MREA board report and the GRE (Great River Energy) board report.
In other action, the board:
- Approved work orders for February.
- Approved recommended write offs for the month.
- Reviewed and approved Policy 509 – Right of Way / Tree Trimming Policy.
- Quarterly Review of second third of By-laws.
- Annual update of the Mille Lacs Community Trust Board operations and expenditures.
- Approved board resolution naming Brian Zelenak as the Certifier for the Rural Utilities Service, Erin Beck as the Administrator and Carol Kyar as the Secondary Certifier.
- David Saggau, CEO, Great River Energy, presented an update on GRE’s rate comparison and rate forecast.
- Katie Nelson and Chad Cooper, representing the Riverwood Foundation gave a presentation to the board about Riverwood’s expansion requesting funding support.
- Debra Englund representing HRExpertiseBP, presented the results of recent employee survey to the board.
- Confirmed regular board meeting dates as May 19th,2017, June 16th,2017 and July 21st ,2017.
Meeting recessed at 12:00 p.m. for lunch and reconvened at 12:45 p.m.
Meeting adjourned at 3:20 p.m.
The Cooperative is divided into seven districts. Each is represented by one member of that district on the Board of Directors. Director candidates are solicited from within each district though an open filing process. Directors are elected by those members present at the Annual Meeting and by mail ballot. They are elected for three-year terms. The Board members set the policies by which the Cooperative operates, and they hire a general manager. They meet monthly, normally the third Friday.
|DISTRICT NO. 1||
46393 Earle Brown Dr, Garrison MN 56450 - phone: 320-692-4800 email@example.com
District 1 shall be comprised of the City of Onamia and the following Townships in Mille Lacs County: North Kathio, South Kathio, South Harbor, Onamia, Bradbury, and Dailey, and the following in Crow Wing County: Roosevelt.
|DISTRICT NO. 2||
William "Bill" Bernard
27847 Ak Sar Ben Ln, Aitkin MN 56431 - phone: 218-678-3911 firstname.lastname@example.org
District 2 shall be comprised of the following Townships in Crow Wing County: Rabbit Lake, Deerwood, Bay Lake, Nokay Lake.
|DISTRICT NO. 3||
26818 170th St, McGrath MN 56350 - phone: 320-684-9955 email@example.com
|District 3 shall be comprised of the City of Garrison and the following Townships in Aitkin County: Lakeside, Idun, Seavey; and the following in Mille Lacs County; Eastside; and the following in Crow Wing County: Garrison.|
|DISTRICT NO. 4||
26205 State Hwy 210, McGregor MN 55760 - phone: 218-768-4900 -firstname.lastname@example.org
District 4 shall be comprised of the City of McGregor and the following Townships in Aitkin County: Jevne, McGregor, Spalding, Davidson, Kimberly, Spencer, Aitkin, Lee, Rice River, and Workman.
|DISTRICT NO. 5||
34057 Dove St, Aitkin MN 56431 - phone: 218-927-4134 email@example.com
|District 5 shall be comprised of the following Townships in Aitkin County: Nordland, Glen, Jewett, Malmo.|
|DISTRICT NO. 6||
35651 464th Ln, Palisade MN 56469 - phone: 218-845-2736 firstname.lastname@example.org
District 6 shall be comprised of the City of Palisade and the following Townships in Aitkin County: Verdon, Unorganized T51-R25, White Elk, Bain, Hebron, Libby, Logan, Waukenabo, Esquagamah, Unorganized T48-R27, Morrison, and Fleming; and the following in Crow Wing County: Ross Lake, Fairfield, Dean Lake.
|DISTRICT NO. 7||
Michael W Reem
23937 435th Ave, Aitkin MN 56431 - phone: 218-678-2961 email@example.com
|District 7 shall be comprised of the following Townships in Aitkin County: Farm Island, Wealthwood, Hazelton.|
PO Box 230, Aitkin MN 56431
Articles and Bylaws of Mille Lacs Energy Cooperative