Outlet Newsletters and Calendar Photo Submissions
The Outlet is the monthly publication of Mille Lacs Energy Cooperative.
Click on a link below to find out what's going on at the Co-op.
Invitation to Submit Photos for MLEC Calendar
See your photo on MLEC’s 2019 Calendar! We’re asking members to submit photos each month, and the winning photo will receive a $10 credit on their electric bill. By choosing from a variety of photos every month, the seasons and subjects help with the creation of the calendar.
Photo Contest Guidelines
- Only MLEC members are eligible for the contest.
- Photos must be electronic. Photos should capture the beauty of the areas we serve, if possible, but any Minnesota photos are acceptable. Pets/animals/food etc. are acceptable.
PHOTOS MUST NOT INCLUDE PEOPLE.
- The photos should be taken by the member, not someone else.
- Please include the name of member submitting, location taken and a description with each photo.
- You may submit up to 8 photos each year (separate emails required), but we limit each photographer to no more than two winning entries each year.
- Entered color photos must be appropriately sized for printing at 12 inches wide by 9 inches high (300 resolution: minimum resolution of 2,700 pixels by 3,600 pixels). If you submit a low print quality, it won’t be used since it’s impossible to make a photo into higher print quality.
- Only horizontal photos will be accepted. Vertical photos do not qualify.
Photos must be emailed email@example.com. by 11:59 p.m. on the 28th of each month, ending October 28, 2018.
Winning photographers automatically give MLEC permission to use the photos in the calendar, in other publications, member presentations, or electronically online. The 2018 calendar (with MLEC employee submitted photos) is available at our office.