Billing Made Easy
MLEC offers many ways to pay your bill, so you can use what
is the most convenient and works the best for your lifestyle!
Ways to Pay
Log in to view your bill electronically through the SmartHub site or on the mobile app. You can download the app on your mobile device through the Apple App Store (iPhone/iPad) or Google Play Marketplace (Android). You may authorize payment from your checking account or Visa/Mastercard.
Do you want to make a quick, one-time online payment without logging into your SmartHub account? All you need is the account number and the first five letters of the primary member's last name. If you choose to allow another person to make a payment on your account by this method, please be advised they will be able to see your current balance or past due balance, but no other account information.
Auto Pay Program
Sign up for recurring payments through SmartHub using your bank account or a Visa/Mastercard. Simply sign-in or register for SmartHub to get started. Once you login to SmartHub, choose Auto Pay Program under the Billing & Payments tab. After adding an account, the total bill amount will be withdrawn from your payment method on the due date each month. The program is ideal for travelers and snow birds and assures your good credit rating.
Pay by Phone
Make payments by phone using your credit/debit card or checking account using our automated phone system. This service is available 24/7.
Just call 855-385-9813 and follow the step-by-step instructions. (Account # is needed.)
Pay by Mail
Please allow mail time for payment to be received before the due date. Please call the billing team if additional time is needed.
Mille Lacs Energy Cooperative
PO Box 230
Aitkin, MN 56431
Pay in Person
Drop off your payment at our office located at:
36559 US Highway 169, Aitkin, MN, 56431.
Office Hours: Monday-Friday 8 a.m.- 4:30 p.m.
After Hours: Drive up box
Budget billing is available for monthly billed residential members to help "even out" expenses.
- Your history of electric usage is averaged out and a constant monthly payment is determined for billing.
- Each month you receive a bill showing the calculation based on your meter readings, but the dollar amount payable will remain constant.
- The budget year begins on the bill you receive in May. The 12th month is referred to as a "catch-up month". On the bill you receive in April, you will be billed exactly what you owe in accounts receivable rather than the budget amount. Either a debit or credit may show on the bill. A new budget is then established for the upcoming year.
- Energy usage history for 12 months.
- Good credit history for 12 months.
- Account paid in full at the start of the budget year.
- Account is set up on a direct payment plan.